a few chicken pieces – drumsticks and thighs are great, but so is whatever you like to use
2 garlic cloves (optional; you can try ginger instead if garlic is “unfriendly” to you)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup (option: choose corn-free)
2 T soy sauce (option: choose wheat-free)
1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional, or add to taste)
1 T honey
- Brown chicken 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low
- Add garlic
- Add water, ketchup and soy sauce (and cayenne, if using)
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes until done. (Turn chicken every 5 minutes)
- Remove chicken and boil sauce until thick, about 5 minutes
- Add honey and melt it in
- Pour over chicken and serve!